Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine in Chicago
Take Back the Quality of Your Life
We utilize minimally-invasive, state-of-the-art, arthroscopic techniques to accelerate the recovery process to bring you the best orthopaedic care today for a stronger, healthier tomorrow!
Meet Anthony Romeo MD,Shoulder & Elbow Specialist
Dr. Anthony Romeo is one of the nation’s leading orthopaedic surgeons specializing in the management and surgical treatment of shoulder and elbow conditions. His state-of-the-art practice employs minimally-invasive arthroscopic techniques to accelerate the recovery process for a range of challenging conditions.
Internationally Recognized Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Nation’s leading orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the management and surgical treatment of shoulder and elbow conditions.
- Renowned scholar who has authored over 300 peer-reviewed journal articles and thirty chapters in orthopaedic textbooks.
- Lectured extensively on advanced surgical techniques to surgeons at both national and international forums
Click To Expand
Dr. Anthony A. Romeo is a world-renowned specialist in the surgical management of shoulder and elbow problems. His goals for each patient—no matter how complex their problem, are focused on reducing pain, restoring function—and improving quality of life. He lives and works by his favorite expression: “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
As a double board-certified surgeon in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Dr. Romeo has extensive education, including:
- Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Notre Dame
- Medical Degree from the St. Louis University School of Medicine
- Orthopaedic surgery internship and residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Advanced Clinical Experience as a shoulder and elbow surgery fellow at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, guided by Dr. Frederick A Matsen III.
With more than 450 peer-reviewed publications and 2000 lectures behind him, Dr. Romeo has contributed to thought-leadership, education, and innovation in treating shoulder arthritis, rotator cuff tears, ligament tears, fractures, and more. He travels the world to demonstrate his expertise through live surgical procedures, lectures, and educational opportunities.
As a busy elbow and shoulder surgeon in Chicago for more than 25 years, Dr. Romeo:
- Treats many high school, professional, NCAA, MLB, and Olympic level athletes
- Consults as an active member of the Major League Baseball Research Committee
- Serves as Chief Medical Editor of Orthopaedics Today
- Contributes to educational and leadership seminars and publications
- Served as a team physician to the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Bulls
- Served as Past President of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons
Dr. Romeo has been voted by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America many years in a row and recognized as a Top Doctor for more than 20 years. He is one of fewer than 6% of physicians selected to receive the Patient’s Choice Award routinely.
At his busy surgical practice in the western suburbs of Chicago, he serves a diverse patient population, including children and teenagers with shoulder instability or elbow ligament injuries; workers and athletes with rotator cuff problems; and patients of all ages who develop debilitating arthritis of the shoulder or elbow.
Hear Janet’s inspiring story of recovery after rotator cuff tears threatened her 56+ year dance instruction career.